Collectible Cupfakes Handmade From My Shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/frankschick?ref=si_shop

I'M NOT A BAKER......I'M A FAKER

Monday, November 7, 2011

MY Favorite Kind of Sunday

I don't know about you, but my favorite kind of Sunday is when the football games are on (occupying my ever-bored husband), and I get lots of things done!

THat was the kind of Sunday I had yesterday.  Besides getting a decent amount of laundry done (blah), I finally tried a recipe for Lemon Cream Cheese Cupcakes that I have been dying to try for months.  I finally figured out that no one was going to make them for me and leave them on my door step, so I dove in.  Remember, I am NOT a good baker.  But was determined to give it a real go!

So in the early am (setting those clocks back always screws me up) my daughter and I made our way to the supermarket for the ingredients.  I never have bakers stuff on-hand around here.

Here is the recipe on my facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=138137012875453&topic=595

Here is how they turned out:

 Granted, not nearly as fancy as my "cupFAKES" but I like the home-made look of them.

The recipe calls for a whole box (16oz) of powdered sugar for the frosting, but I only did about three quarters of the package and upped the cream cheese a bit because I don't like frosting to be too sickly sweet.  They came out perfect (in my estimation).  As a matter of fact, I am enjoying one right now as I write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment