Collectible Cupfakes Handmade From My Shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/frankschick?ref=si_shop

I'M NOT A BAKER......I'M A FAKER

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Countdown to Christmas

Three days ago, it was almost 70 degrees outside, now I sit here in the early morning all bundled up because of the seriously chilly temps.  I guess the warm days could not last forever, but now I can officially consider it Christmas Time.  It's hard for me to get into holiday mode when it feels like Spring outside.

The chilly temps make me think of one of my latest creations...A fake hot cocoa!  Its a big ceramic mug topped with a huge mound of whipped cream and a cherry.  It is dusted with faux cocoa powder and sprinkled with glitter for a fantastic holiday effect.


Nothing says cozy like a cup of hot cocoa right?  This item is available in my etsy shop should you feel inspired to create that cozy feeling at your place too!

I think that my fake cupcake Christmas ornaments are PERFECT for that hard to shop for person in your life.  They are so unique and truly one of a kind.  This year, my daughter helped with many of our creations.  She was mom's little helper, getting my supplies ready, helping sprinkle glitter on the cupfakes (as well as all over the kitchen) etc.  I guess it was our version of a Holiday baking session!  We had a Holiday faking session!

So last night my daughter and I put together a foam Christmas "Ski lodge".  It is a kit that we bought at Michael's craft store.  We had done a haunted house for Halloween and it was a lot of fun, so we grabbed one for Christmas.  Equally as fun.  TONS of pieces, but if you have patience, the finished product is quite adorable.


Its pretty big, I'd say almost 24 inches tall.  The pic doesn't show it (sorry, early morning light) but its all pastel candyland colors and lots of glitter and sparkle which I love.   It was priced at $19.99 but I had a 50% off coupon so I got it for ten bucks :).  If you like it, check Michael's craft store website and print out a %50 off coupon for yourself.  They also had a gingerbread foam house kit available as well.  And mini-kits too if you don't want to take on a larger project.

OK< well I have reached the bottom of my coffee cup (sad face).  So thats my hint to get moving!  I hope you all have a fantastically sweet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment